Coconut oil is not only great for cooking with or for using it on the body it also has many great every day uses around the home. Here are our top 10 favorites:
1. Use it to remove labels and sticky residue from glass, plastic, wood and other hard surfaces. Apply coconut oil to the area that is sticky and let it soak in for a few minutes. Wipe off with a cloth or paper towel.
2. Removing gum from hair can be done by applying the oil to the area of hair with the gum. Let it sit for a few minutes before gently sliding the gum out off the hair.
3. Fixing squeaky hinges.
4. Furniture polish.
5. Removing crayon marks from walls.
6. Clean and Moisturize leather.
7. Clean ink from plastic, leather and vinyl.
8. Fire wood starter. Soak cotton balls in coconut oil and add to kindling wood.
9. Rub swollen fingers with coconut oil to remove jewelry.
10. Clean makeup brushes with coconut oil to keep them free from dirt and bacteria build up. Once a month dampen brush and dip into a mixture of dish soap and coconut oil using a 2:1 ratio. Gently work the mixture into the bristles, rinsing and re-soaping until they rinse clean. Let dry overnight.
"THE BEST coconut oil I have ever used! So creamy, tastes amazing and I love how it has a bit milder smell then all others." Kim L McNaughton